Friday, September 16, 2005

Shout Out

First up, i thought i'd follow suit like some others have, and make a shout out to Carl - its good to hear your doing well, God is good, its so great how he has everything under His control! All the best with your recovery!

Weeks Events Thus Far
Well these past few days or so have been quite a whirlwind but i guess the best place to start is at the beginning right? Ok here i go...

Sat:
This was the day of the workshops/conference thing. It was a good day, the 3 workshops i went to were: 'Run as to win the prize', 'Daily Personal Devotions', and 'Feminism & You'. They were all practical, now all i need to do is actually put what i learnt into...well...practise...mainly things from the first 2 workshops anyway.
However at the same time, my parents and some other family rushed off to Tauranga in the morning to see my great-nana....they made it down about an hour or so after she died. Just as a side-note, thanks to everyone for their condolences/support/prayers..esp. all those that have done meals for us this week, its been really nice =)
Then Sat nite was Scott & Sarah's engagement party and it went off well. An enjoyable night all round. If any of ya wanna see some pics from it, drop me a comment here and i might post some on my photo site.

Sun:
Early Sun morning my uncle flew in from Melb, so i stayed up talkin to him in the early hours and didnt get to sleep till quite late...then had to be up by 9:30 to go over with him to my aunty's place to get some stuff for her from her place and drop off her cat to the cattery. So consequently i didnt get to go to morning church which sucked coz i heard it was Communion service too...ah well these things happen. Went to nite church tho, and that was good spending time praying for the nation as well as for America and all its recent events.

Tues:
Went down early Tues morning to Tauranga. The funeral was in the avo and it went alright, as far as funerals go. Me and mum took turns playing the organ - had never played an organ in my life but it went alright. Nearly all the family were there which was good - nice catching up...even talkin to some i'd never really met b4. Got to hold one of the baby twins =)

Thurs/Fri:
The last couple days went back to uni, got a couple of assignments back and ended up, to my amazement, gettin As for both of them :) yeah so that was cool. Will see how long it lasts tho...usually ive nearly always just got marks in the middle range - Merits (NCEA) or B - but ah well. I need to get a good average for my papers this semester so i can apply for uni student exchange...


...and that about wraps it up. Oh but b4 i leave you with the lyrics to this good song by Kutless, all the best in voting tomorrow...

'Strong Tower'

When I wander through the desert
And I'm longing for my home
All my dreams have gone astray
When I'm stranded in the valley
And I'm tired and all alone
It seems like I've lost my way
I go running to Your moutain
Where your mercy sets me free
[chorus]You are my strong tower
Shelter over me
Beautiful and mighty
Everlasting King
You are my strong tower
Fortress when I'm weak
Your name is true and holy
And Your face is all I seek
In the middle of my darkness
In the midst of all my fear
You're my refuge and my hope
When the storm of life is raging
And the thunder's all I hear
You speak softly to my soul
--Kutless

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey pris

gud to see labour got more seats than nat :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home