Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So little time, so much to do...

Just thought i'd start off with a little slideshow of some pics of a snow trip I went on in July with my bro and a couple of friends:




I found this a little insulting at first heh...the caption says 'Twenty Cents and Worth More' :P It was on the kitchen bench in the chalet. We all cracked up laughing as soon as we walked in & saw it, but we (me, especially) were like 'what the?!' haha.

Me, Jon and a couple of my friends in front of the chalet

'Villa Del Camp'


Looking out from the loft


Mt Ruapehu - Turoa side

Well as ya can guess from the above title, my life has been even more flat out, crazy busy than it usually is, over the last month. Basically since uni started for the semester. A massive balancing act of priorities which doesn't help when running low on sleep as well.... anyways moving on - onthe upside, i've completed 2 assignments...2 down, 3 to go, yay! Yesterday I did my first uni seminar - it was for Nazi Germany and mine was on the topic of propaganda in the pre-war years. Quite interesting to research about. I ended up choosing for my primary source a video clip of one of Hitler's speeches at the May Day celebrations in 1934. It ended up going alright, except the hardest part I found was the question time at the end where your classmates can ask you things about your source, what you've said etc. No matter how much research you've done, its hard predicting what they might ask. Anyways the questions they asked weren't too bad, but yeah even so I dont think i answered them particularly well. Ah well, its all over *sigh of relief* :) Altho i can't really take much time out because i have a 2 fairly big essays due next week along with a lab report...but then mid-semester break is comin up in 10 days time, so im looking forward to a bit of time-out and regaining a bit of perspective.

Aside from that, i've still been going along to and enjoying swing dancing. Theres been good turnouts the last few weeks at the beginners classes. Whats been cool is that me and some others from EU that have been goin to swing, discovered that one of the guys that helps runs the school is a Christian as well as a few of the other teachers :) Shane, the one that helps run the swing dance school, is off on a missions type trip to Malawi, Africa with group called EStar in Sept. I'd never heard of them b4, but yeah they had a fundraiser on Sat nite at Botany college which Mum & I went along to. They had a combination of christian bands playing, the swing dance crew & some other dance groups performing, and the 'Clean Comedy' christian guys etc. It was a good night, except Mum & I found it a bit sad that they never actually stated outright that they were a Christian group goin there to spread the gospel - they kinda watered it down by saying that they were going there to 'take a message of hope' (they're helping out kids in orphanages who's parents have died from AIDS etc). However, the other christian artists etc that performed on the night mentioned how they were Christians, so that was good.
Anyways I betta leave it here for now, catch ya l8r

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Scotty said...

Cool photos. Modern Priscilla?! Never name anything modern - because you look stupid about 20 years later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home