Friday, May 27, 2005

Star Wars

Last nite, I went and saw Star Wars III wih some exchange student friends from uni. It was really good, quite enjoyed it, actually makes me want to see the originals (i only vaguely remember bits of 'Return of the Jedi' and 'Empire Strikes Back' from back in the days when my bro watched them heaps). They did a good job of showing how Anakin gradually becomes more evil, till the end you could almost mistake him for looking/being the devil himself, was quite creepy! I also liked that it was easy to follow along w/ what was happening, and how everything linked up. So yeah, worth a watch.

Your Thoughts
What would ya say if someone put these questions to you:

Would you try to convert a Catholic? Do you think presbyterianism is better than Catholicism?

Or something to that effect. B/c i was recently asked those questions, by this Catholic dude online that IMd me. Kinda catches you off-guard a bit (well it did for me at the time), but yeah i guess it comes down to the essentials of Christianity - that its the person's heart God looks at, not what denomination they are, and whether they have genuinely repented and turned from their sin. Thats the kind of answer i gave. I also said that no one denomination has it all perfect or is the best (as much as we like to think) b/c we all are humans and have our faults when it comes down to it.

**no, dont worry, i haven't gone off the idea of denominations, they have their good/bad sides to them**

So yeah, hopefully that's some food for thought 4 any1 out there who's reading this. It was for me.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Nathan said...

I would treat a catholic in the same way I'd treat any person who claimed to be a christian. I wouldn't attempt to convert them on the basis of their catholicism, but if I had the time, get to know them, try and work out where they are, and how we can encourage each other. Catholicism doesn't really feature in the equation. I definitly wouldn't convert someone from one denomination to another, like you say, its the heart that is what matters, not the denomination.

At least, that's what I say I'd do...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home